It’s an exciting time to be a builder. Constant advances in technology are creating an exciting new world for those who understand the value of data. The role of a Machine Learning Engineer is a supporting one, but it is also an extremely vital one.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you’ll be handling the design and construction of scalable management systems, ensure that all data systems meet company requirements, and also research new uses for data acquisition. The evolution of the platform will depend on your ability to research and implement the appropriate tools for the variety of tasks. You should also keep up with the ins and outs of the industry such as data mining practices, algorithms, and how data can be used.
In order to be stand out as a candidate, you should express patience and a desire to know how things work and to improve them. Furthermore, being able to listen to your colleagues is essential.
– Design, construct, test and maintain big data management systems (Hadoop, NoSQL, relational databases)
– Build high-performance algorithms and prototypes to deploy and monitor ML models
– Ensure that all systems meet the company requirements as well as industry practices
– Integrate up-and-coming data management and software engineering technologies into existing data structures
– Develop set processes for data mining, data modeling, and data production
– Create custom software components and analytics applications
– Employ an array of technological languages and tools to connect systems together
– Install/update disaster recovery procedures
– Recommend different ways to constantly improve data reliability, quality and platform usefulness
– Experience with any Hadoop platform distribution (Cloudera, Hortonworks, etc.) and especially applications integration with YARN, MapReduce/TEZ, Grafana and Zookeeper would definitely be an advantage
– Knowledge and skills in any of the technologies/platforms such as HDFS, Hive, HBase, Druid, Presto, MongoDB, CouchDB and others would be a strong asset
– Previous developer’s experience in building custom Big Data monitoring solutions
– Knowledge of SQL scripting
– Good knowledge in Linux shell scripting
– Strong English verbal and written skills
– Intellectual curiosity to find new and unusual ways of how to solve data management issues
– Ability to approach data organization challenges while keeping an eye on what’s important
– Independent, reliable and agile method of working, positive attitude and good communication skills
If you work for Kaufland Service you will be part of one of the strongest and largest retail companies in Bulgaria and Europe. We offer an attractive remuneration package, an opportunity for professional growth, professional training and limited necessity to travel abroad. You will be part of a creative, professional and agile team with a meaningful product where there is plenty of room for your own ideas and self-determined work.
Your application will be reviewed in strict confidentiality. Only the approved candidates will be invited to an interview. Providing your personal data you explicitly agree that it will be processed for the purpose of recruiting and for the purpose of possible signing of a labour contract and will be stored and operated by “Kaufland Service” EOOD and “Kaufland Bulgaria EOOD and Co” KD in their capacity of personal data controller and personal data processor in accordance with the Bulgarian Data Protection Legislation and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR). Please have in mind that with this you give permission for your resume to be shared with other parties of the Schwarz Group.
Let’s start our mutual work for a successful future!