It’s an exciting time to be a builder. Constant advances in technology are creating an exciting new world for those who understand the value of data. The role of the Data Engineer is a supporting one, but it is also an extremely vital one.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll be handling the design and construction of scalable management systems, ensure that all data systems meet company requirements, and also research new uses for data acquisition. The evolution of the platform will depend on your ability to research and implement the appropriate tools for the variety of tasks. You should also keep up with the ins and outs of the industry such as data mining practices, algorithms, and how data can be used.
In order to be stand out as a candidate, you should express patience and a desire to know how things work and to improve them. Furthermore, being able to listen to your colleagues is essential.
• Design, construct, test and maintain Big Data management systems (Microsoft Azure, Apache Hadoop)
• Build high-performance algorithms and prototypes to deploy and monitor ML pipelines
• Integrate up-and-coming data management and software engineering technologies into existing data structures
• Create custom software components and analytics applications
• Recommend different ways to constantly improve data reliability, quality and platform usefulness
• Experience with Big Data platforms (Hadoop, Azure Cloud, Big Query)
• Knowledge and skills in any of the technologies HDFS, Hive, HBase, Druid, Presto, CouchDB
• Strong proficiency in PySpark, Python, SQL, Linux shell
• Strong English verbal and written skills
• Intellectual curiosity to find new and unusual ways to solve data management issues
• An attractive remuneration package and variety of opportunities with one of the strongest and largest retail companies in the world
• A huge array of tools & technologies available on the spot and ready for a steady personal development
• Food vouchers, MultiSport card, additional health insurance, travel expenses and a modern office on central location in Sofia
• A good work-life balance with flexible working time & option for mobile work
• A pleasant and diverse environment with regular events, team buildings and stimulating activities
If you are interested in our offer, please send us your up to date resume in English. We want to know you!
Your application will be reviewed in strict confidentiality. Only the approved candidates will be invited to an interview. Providing your personal data you explicitly agree that it will be processed for the purpose of recruiting and for the purpose of possible signing of a labour contract and will be stored and operated by “Kaufland Service” EOOD and “Kaufland Bulgaria EOOD and Co” KD in their capacity of personal data controller and personal data processor in accordance with the Bulgarian Data Protection Legislation and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR). Please have in mind that with this you give permission for your resume to be shared with other parties of the Schwarz Group.
Let’s start our mutual work for a successful future!